07 April 2009

It's supposed to be 70!?

Post Secret Pictures, Images and Photos


Mood: Bright

So Mother Nature pulled a total "PSYCH! PSYCH!" on us! It's supposed to be spring! Some friends told me it actually SNOWED on them when they were going to work this morning in Atlanta! CRAZINESS! It's going to be cold tonight at the concert, but I none the less I'm completely excited! Luckily Leanne & I get the VIP treatment which means FOOD & DRANKS! <-- Hopefully that keep us warm enough! Haha 48 Volt, Hootie & Blowfish, Shawn Mullins and Zac Brown Band are playing tonight. Rock Fore Dough is a concert that Augusta throws every Masters Week. It is to raise money for The First Tee which is "a program that teaches life skills through the game of golf to children." Hootie has played every year since the tradition began. They have also had Collective Soul, Sister Hazel, Edwin McCain, Dashboard Confessional, Colbie Caillat, Cheap Trick, Better Than Ezra, Emerson Hart, Corey Smith, Edison Project, John Kolbeck and John Krueger. It's a good time and all for a good cause.

After this week Ive got a Quant report due, a quiz, a trip to TAMPA (woohoo) then my finals! :D I am a little nervous of the outcome of my Quant class, but I think I will be ok. I really enjoy it. Its hard as shit, but I like it.

As for the rest of the things going on in my life I feel things are going really well. Ive done some spring cleaning. I had some things I wanted to get off my chest to a couple people. Ive done that and now I feel lighter and able to move on. I was made to feel like an ass not too long ago by an ex for dating so quickly after he and I were donehes been dating someone all along. I just dont get people like that. Do you really get your thrills from making others feel low?! For a minute, I really did think that maybe I was being a bit dismissive toward the things wed gone through. Then I realized, we all move at different paces. I don’t need to feel guilty because I went out on a few dates. I now know… when someone’s a jerk, they’re a jerk whether they’re next to you or half way across the earth! HA And I’m a bit put off that he mistook my forgiveness as weakness. Sweetie – forgiveness is the healing of wounds caused by another. You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make. Makes me think of something:

Forgiveness does not always lead to a healed relationship. (In this case I was just thinking acquaintanceship since I am close with his parents.) Some people are not capable of love, and it might be wise to let them go along with your anger. Wish them well, and let them go their way.

I pray you find your way….and maybe love somewhere a long the way…you lead a sad life by not allowing yourself to experience true emotion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

glad you got some crap off the old chest

April 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger hcartee said...

Great show and great cause!! Hate that I missed you! John Daly can rock Knock on Heaven Door I wonder if he was drunk most than likely. Went to Wild Wings after I left show it was packed.
Be Good, Hal

April 9, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home