18 February 2009

"I don’t think you should ever be afraid of honesty and of being honest that you’re not perfect, and that you do feel vulnerable sometimes. I just happen to write about it. "
~Taylor Swift~
[This explains perfectly why I don't have a problem sharing anything with anyone - ie: being so open on my myspace & facebook, I have nothing to hide]

Do ever have those days when you know you wanna write, you need to write but you don't know about what or why? I feel like I've got so much going through my head but the thoughts are going too fast for me to even reach up, grab one and run with it. Therefore, I apologize if my thoughts on this blog seem incomplete, random, rambling or just plain "WTH?!". (: I think this is more of a venting type blog today...

I feel like no matter what I do to get ahead, I only fall further behind. Take for example college. I have always been determined to get a degree - preferably from a 4-year university. I was so determined & excited to get started that I didn't even take a break from high school before I was enrolled. I literally started college about 2 weeks after graduation. Mom & dad made me a deal that if I stayed in Augusta my first 2 years to "get grounded" & get the hang of it, I'd be free to go where ever I wanted. AWESOME! I had the perfect plan. I chose Georgia Military College and I was going to get my General Associates so everything would transfer when I was ready. I really liked it. Classes were small, easy to understand, and teachers were nice. Unfortunately, at that time, GMC was very small and was unable to offer all the classes I needed at (proper) times. The end of my second yr came & I was MORE THAN READY to get out of Augusta - I'd been here 20 yrs of my life! I still hadn't gotten my associates degree though, and it was going to take another year to get it (because the lack of classes offered). No way was I gonna stick around for ANOTHER year! I transferred to Georgia Southern University & was reassured over and over that everything would transfer NO PROBLEM. Oh, they forgot to mention - they would transfer, but I wouldn't get the class credits - just the hourly credits. Ok, back to square one. I was a 20 y.o. freshman with a junior's worth of hrs! UGH! I made the best of it and again - worked my way back to jr stats. No matter what I tried I couldn't pass accounting & couldn't take anything else until I passed it. I moved home after 4 or 5 attempts (yes, really) and about 6 months later moved to Athens to intern at a record label. I had to work 3 jobs to barely make ends meet (in addition to the internship); but that didn't matter, I'd soon being doing something I loved! I was willing to do ANYTHING to make sure of that. Long story short, I was shafted on that too. Many months and a crazy amount of empty promises later I quit the record company. Six months later I moved home. I was in Athens a little less than 2 years and loved every minute of it. But, again... I'm here... back in Augusta... STILL in school (at least I made an A in accounting THIS time!) and still working for dad. Great. I HATE looking around at my friends - they've all graduated, most have families and a career... oh - and they are YOUNGER than me. UGH. WTF

Next - I'M AN AUNT! Well, sort of. Probably as close as I'll come for a while. CONGRATULATIONS BLAKE, ANGELA & BIG SISTER LAYLA! and WELCOME baby Brooks!


I like to think I'm a good person. I'd do anything for anyone. I deserve good things, right? Then can someone explain to me why I feel like things are falling apart before they have a chance to really come together? I feel like I act all wrong. Mom complains that I don't act like a "lady", my friends think it's hilarious (later only to be grossed out - which I don't really understand since they knew what I was like from day one), and I just think it's whatever. Part of my life makes me think of SITC EP 76...of course the actual "problem" lies in a different area. All I can do is be me & hope that all I feel and my kindheartedness shines through. /: LoL Maybe that's what I'll do with my Friday night; watch SITC...oh, wait...our DVD player isn't working. DAMMIT!

Lately I've really been tempted to delete my FB and MS. (I KNOW, RIGHT?!) It's just extremely distracting. We all know I don't need anymore distractions in my life. There's something that's kindda telling me not to though. Besides - it's hard for me to do it with the knowledge that I'll (hopefully) be graduating soon. I'm really going to try to take advantage of of my contacts to find a job.

I might be back later today - I'm not sure...like I said - I feel like I have a lot going on in my little pea head, but I can't seem to grasps any one thing long enough to get into it. UGH

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

congrats on the baby, they are great even when they shit on the carpet. be a lady, i have heard that all my life, just do it in the right place. i am sorry things arent going as you have planned, it it hard to accept sometimes. stay focused on what you want and it will all fall in place when it is time. keep your little pea head up

February 20, 2009 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Kayla Renee said...

Now now, listen here. I am the poster child for things not going as you plan. I did the same thing as you. My whole High School career revolved around how i could get into the best colleges. I never wanted to go to a UC but I wanted a good State school. I did honors classes and clubs and sports anything you can think of. I went to SDSU and came home a semester later after a huge breakdown. (sorry this will probably go on forever) I landed at Solano COmmunity College and it turned out I loved it there. My new plan changed to getting general ed at SCC and going to Sac State and graduating with a degree in Criminal Justice but then Mike joined the army and it felt like everything was falling apart. I did more school at Solano and then when it was over moved away and got married! Not exactly how I planned my life but I'm happy. Things go hog wild and you have rolled with it well and kept a good attitude. It will pay off, it has to! We all have dreams, as long as you stay determined they will come true. I dont know when I will go back to school but I WILL get a degree. I know how it feels to sometimes look around and feel like you are an outsider to everyone's success, but once you get done what you strive for, everyone will be jealous of you!

Sorry this was long :/

February 23, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home